Monday, March 24, 2014

Our God in Human Flesh - John 1:14-18

John 1:14-18

New International Version (NIV)
14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
15 (John testified concerning him. He cried out, saying, “This is the one I spoke about when I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’”) 16 Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given. 17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and[b] is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.
(http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+1%3A14-15&version=NIV)
What an amazing story of love, mercy, and grace.  Our God left the majesty and comfort of His Heavenly home to put on the flesh of His human creation, and lived among us in our torn and tattered world.  The heart of Jesus breaks for humanity, and provided the ultimate sacrifice, so we could be delivered from sin and death to live in heaven with our God and Creator.  He came from the Father, He was equal to the Father, He was submissive to the Father, He was obedient to the Father, He gave it all, so we might live!  Jesus came with the fullness of grace and mercy, not to replace the law, but to fulfill the law.  I love the contrast here, when we are given the free gift of salvation through Jesus and His grace and truth.  The law was given by Moses through God to allow for a process of atonement, so the people could live.  The penalty for sin is death, and without atonement, we would all be dead.  Jesus came to fulfill the promise of God to His people to provide atonement through the blood of His very own Son.  We are a people who have been set free to live for Christ.  

A thought occurred to me this morning that we are at war everyday, fighting the devil and his minions for the souls of the lost.  If this earth is our battlefield, and heaven is our home, how comfortable should we be as we live to battle for the cause of Christ?  Just a thought to prayerfully ponder.  Our church is beginning a journey of prayer and fasting for a God-like miraculous harvest for Easter, and I am excited to see what God is going to do as we step out in faith and obedience to the call of God to reach the Quad Cities and beyond.  Check out Pastor Shawn's Blog as we journey through this together.  http://livesent.heritageqc.com/blog/

Lord, thank you so much for Your sacrifice, love, mercy, grace, and truth.  Thank you for saving us, and I pray for Your strength to seek opportunities to witness for you, and to be Your hands and feet.  Help me to play whatever part you would have me to play in your plans for me, my family, and in our church as we work to win the lost to You.  I love You, and I am humbled by Your presence and grateful for Your salvation.  In Jesus' Precious Name I pray, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment