Sunday, April 27, 2014

Jesus - Whom do we serve?

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John%202&version=NIV

John Chapter 2 provides some great insight into our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  We are able to see Him as a son as well as a Son.  We are able to see Him as Miracle Worker, and as a man who is in love with His Father, and the sacredness of the Temple.  I love the beginning where Mary asks Jesus to help with the wine shortage.  Jesus says, "'Woman, why do you involve me?' Jesus replied. 'My hour has not yet come.'"  The very next verse is His mother Mary simply providing instructions to the servants... "5 His mother said to the servants, 'Do whatever he tells you'."  I love this story!  Not only are we given insight into our Savior and His obedience to, and love and adoration for His mother, but also into His power to perform miraculous signs as Isaiah had prophesied.  As the story continues, Jesus enters the Temple gates and is enraged at the House of the Lord being turned into a market place where vendors were selling animals, cheating customers, and exchanging money.  Another prophesy fulfilled from Psalm 69:9, "for zeal for your house consumes me, and the insults of those who insult you fall on me."  Also, from Isaiah 35, Jesus begins the fulfillment of the prophesies of His miraculous works. John provides us a well-rounded overview of our Savior as human and God, as He begins His journey to fulfill His mission.  When challenged to prove His authority to perform miracles, He alludes to His death on the cross followed by His triumphant resurrection, when He says, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."  Only after the resurrection do the disciples understand the meaning of this, but it solidifies their belief in Jesus, and furthers their resolve to give their all in building His church.  I am so grateful to serve the one and only Savior, who loves us, provides for us, and cares for us completely.  I am committing to full surrender, and will only "Trust and Obey."

My prayer,

Lord, thank you for your faithfulness, love, and salvation.  Thank you for providing us victory over sin, Satan, and death through your glorious death and resurrection.  Please help me to live in complete surrender to Your calling on my life, and to lead my family in the way we should go.  Proverbs 3:5-6 says, 5"Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight" (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=proverbs+3&version=NIV).
This is my desire, and I look forward to walking hand in hand, and sometimes in Your arms, as I go all in with You and Your plan from me and my family.  I love You Lord, and pray all this in Jesus' Name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment