Sunday, April 13, 2014

The Messiah - John 1:29-51

John has the honor of baptizing Jesus, and as he does, the Holy Spirit comes to rest on Him, and He is proclaimed as the Messiah, our Savior.  Jesus continues His ministry as He begins calling His disciples.  I find it very interesting that Jesus called such a variety, and that each one had their human issues that needed work, but Jesus knew that they would continue the work of building His church.  Pastor John discussed a very simple, yet profound truth today that applied then as well as it does today, and that is to simply "Trust and Obey."  Jesus is looking for followers who are willing to surrender all, and take up their cross daily to trust and obey His leading through the Holy Spirit.  I have been challenged lately to seek God and His direction for our lives, and in this process have committed to sharing the thoughts God provides through this venue, yet I have been under attack, and even as I am sharing this, I feel the oppressive spirit of the enemy trying to hinder me from sharing these thoughts.  I pray for each person reading this, and for myself that each of us will simply trust God and obey the promptings of the Holy Spirit.  Satan and all his forces will be defeated by and through the power of the Name and Blood of Jesus.  I claim the promises of His Word, and the Power of His Name, Blood, and Presence to defeat Satan, and that we will see revival individually as well as in our church, community, and around the world.  These words are spoken in prayer, while believing it to come to pass.  In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment